Perfectionist | About Me Monday | Dublin, Ohio Photographer
As you may have already guessed from a previous post about my cleaning habits, I am a bit of a perfectionist. Being a perfectionist has it’s pro’s and con’s.
- My house is pretty much always clean. This means that I don’t have to run around crazily every time someone suddenly is about to come over. It also means that I never have to do a ton of cleaning all in one day. I have a daily cleaning schedule that allows me to spread everything out over a week’s time.
- I am very organized because I want everything to go perfectly as planned in my mind. I keep three calendars to help make this happen. I also have several to-do list’s to make sure I don’t forget about anything.
- Being a perfectionist makes me a better photographer and drives me to keep improving.
- I can be ultra critical of myself. I am patient with everyone else but I am not always patient with myself. I want to do everything perfectly the first time and when it doesn’t happen, I blame it all on myself. I have trouble giving myself grace.
- It is difficult for me to ever truly relax or rest because I always have something on one of my to-do list’s that I should be doing instead. I can’t relax if something is out of place or needs to be done. Example: If ironing is on today’s list of things to accomplish, I can’t rest until it is done and I can’t go to bed if there are dishes in the sink.
- It sometimes makes sessions and/or editing take longer. Example: I have to get every wrinkle out of the backdrop during a newborn session.
I suppose the hardest part of growing is identifying your weaknesses. Now if only I could get those perfect too.